This post was sponsored by Brooklyn Creamery. All opinions are our own!
Yes, chocolate chip cookies can be healthy! By substituting refined white sugar with brown sugar, replacing butter with lower fat BK Creamery dairy cream, using dark chocolate chips, and using oat flour instead of white flour, you can get delicious, healthier chocolate chip cookies that the whole family can enjoy with less guilt!
We recently covered BK Creamery’s new dairy cream, which is excellent for baking and has half the fat of butter. It’s also all natural, gluten-free, kosher, has no sugar, carbs, salt, artificial ingredients and is made with rBST-free milk. It’s simply pasteurized fresh cream, careegenan, and nisin. So, for anyone looking for an all-natural, lower fat alternative to butter, forget unhealthy chemical-laden margarine, BK Creamery dairy cream is your new go-to cooking cream!
Here is our favorite healthy dark chocolate chip cookie recipe. Enjoy!
Healthy Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg
4 tablespoons dark brown sugar, lightly packed
1/2 cup BK Creamery extra thick double cream
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 1/2 cups oat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Blend old fashioned oats or quick oats in a food processor until they become flour
- Mix the vanilla extract, 1 large egg, BK Creamery double cream, and brown sugar together. Melt the coconut oil and let it cool off slightly before adding to the bowl. Beat all ingredients together.
- Stir the oat flour (measured after blending NOT before), baking soda, cinnamon (scale this amount to taste preferences), and salt.
- Stir until just combined and then fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a cookie scoop (and pack these in the scoop very tightly or they may crumble), scoop out balls of the dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Press a few more chocolate chips in the tops if desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Remove and allow to stay on the baking sheet for another 2 minutes before removing to a wire cooling rack.